We are your Local Wood Destroying Pest Inspection Experts
Wood destroying insects, such as termites, wood boring beetles and carpenter ants, can go undetected for years, this is why you should consider having a termite/wood destroying insect (WDI) inspection done when buying or selling your home.
Why Do I Need a WDI Inspection?
Termites and other wood destroying insects live everywhere and can get in through even the smallest of cracks – as little as 1/64 of an inch. Making homes vulnerable to attack and damage by wood destroying insects!
When you are buying a new home, selling your home or suspect you may have a termite or other wood destroying insect infestation, you should engage a licensed home inspector to perform a WDI inspection for a number of reasons:
- Wood destroying insects can be extremely damaging to your property, they spread quickly and eat 24 hours a day
- It typically takes three to eight years before infestation signs become visible
- Most homeowners’ insurance does not cover the repair costs of termite damage
- Most lenders, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, and the Federal Housing Administration require a wood destroying insect inspection to secure a home loan
About Our Termite/Wood Destroying Insect Inspection Services
Our local home inspectors are trained and licensed to inspect all visible and accessible areas of your house for evidence of wood destroying insect infestations. What we look for:
- Live insects
- Dead insects
- Insect shelter tubes and exit holes
- Visible damage from wood destroying insects
After the inspection, we deliver a detailed Wood Destroying Insect Inspection Report, outlining our findings and recommendations for your home. The Wood Destroying Insect Report (WDI) is an official form that is commonly required by lenders to document any current or past damage caused by wood destroying insects. It also informs the buyer if there are conditions in the home that may be conducive to future insect activity.
At Pest Exit, we make sure you understand the report and answer any questions you have. If we find evidence of an infestation, we will give you recommendations based on our years of experience in the industry.
WDI Order Form
($39 invoice will be delivered the day after the WDI is completed.)