Termite Control & Extermination
Eliminate Termites From Your Home
One of the most common termites in our area is the Subterranean Termite. As their name implies, subs live off the moisture in dirt. However, once springtime arrives (usually beginning in March) they seek out wooden structures to eat, mate and create colonies. They attack homes from the ground and prefer to enter your structure from underneath as there are plenty of entry points around your home, including:
- Earth-to-wood contact
- Foundation cracks and seams
- Excessive ground moisture
- Wood debris in yard
- Irrigation hitting the structure
- Faulty grade to foundation
- Leaky plumbing fixtures
Subterranean termite infestations are commonly discovered from a network of mud tubes, but they also leave behind other signs, including:
- Swarmers arrive early in the spring
- Wings off near windows
- Wood damage
Types of Termites:
Protect Your Home From Termites
Staying up to date on home repairs is crucial to safeguarding your structure from these wood-chomping insects.
- Check the grade of the soil near your foundation. If water can pool around your home, add dirt and slope it away.
- Ensure your gutter downspouts are positioned away from your foundation. If need be, add downspout extenders to push water farther away from your home.
- Have foundation cracks repaired when you can. Keeping water away from your foundation will prevent these cracks from growing larger.
- Remove logs or wood debris in your yard, as these are perfect breeding grounds for termites.
- Reduce earth-to-wood contact around your home as much as possible. Keep things like wood siding, door frames, and window frames at least 6 inches above the ground.
- Seal any leaking plumbing fixtures both indoors and outdoors.
Choose Pest Exit for a thorough termite inspection and if necessary, to treat your home with our talented Technician and Inspection teams. We have over 26 years of experience guiding customers to exceed expectation time and time again.